October 24, 2012

HAPPY FOUNDER'S DAY

To the world,
I promise temperance and insight and courage,
to crusade for justice,
to seek the truth and defend it always;
To those my life may touch in slight measure,
may I give graciously of what is mine;
To my friends, 
understanding and appreciation;
To those closer ones,
love that is ever steadfast;
To my mind, 
Growth;
To myself, 
Faith
that I may walk truly in the light of the Flame.
–– Dorothy Mumford Williams, Alpha Zeta (Adelphi University) (1939)



110 years ago, Delta Zeta was founded at Miami University by six courageous women upon each of these values stated in our creed. Alfa Lloyd, Mary Collins, Anna Keen, Julia Bishop, Mabelle Minton and Anne Simmons layed the foundation for the enrichment of hundreds of thousands of lives across the United States.

As you all may know, I am a member of the XiXi Chapter of Delta Zeta at North Georgia College & State University. I have been a member of this beautiful sisterhood for almost two years now and could never see myself anywhere else. Delta Zeta is so many things for me, but mostly importantly it is home. My sisters are so important to me. Each of them brings something new to the table and makes our sorority genuine, comforting, and true.

 Bid Day 2012
 playing corn hole
 Color Run 2012
 my perfect fammie
 All Greek Open House 2012
 Sigma Chi Derby Days Champions 2012
 my beautiful branch
Big Big Nicole - Big Kaitlyn - Little Chelsea


What does YOUR sisterhood mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment