I was browsing Pinterest (check out my pinboards) and came across this yummy sounding recipe! I am not much of a cook, but have always wanted to learn! This recipe seems easy and so delicious!
SPINACH TOMATO TORTELLINI
- 1 (16 oz) package of cheese tortellini
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes with garlic and ionion
- 1 cup of chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp of dried basil
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 2 tbs of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 3/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the tortellini, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- While you get the tortellini going, combine the tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper, basil and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the mixture begins to bubble.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, milk and cream. Stir this mixture into the saucepan along with the Parmesan cheese. Heat through, then reduce heat to low, and simmer until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the tortellini, but do not rinse, then pour them into the saucepan with the sauce. Stir to coat, and serve.