December 18, 2012

reading lists

Anyone who knows me knows I have an undying love for books. I have so many books I want to read before I die, I don't even know if I can make time for all of them! I tend to go for fantasy books with a little bit of a love story in the background. Here is a very short list of the books I need to read as of right now:



1. Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
"The Kite Runner is a novel about friendship, betrayal, and the price of loyalty. It is about the bonds between fathers and sons, and the power of their lies. Written against a history that has not been told in fiction before, The Kite Runner describes the rich culture and beauty of a land in the process of being destroyed. But with the devastation, Khaled Hosseini also gives us hope: through the novel's faith in the power of reading and storytelling, and in the possibilities he shows for redemption."
{via
 
2. Maze Runner Trilogy by James Dashner
"When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his first name. His memory is blank. But he’s not alone. When the lift’s doors open, Thomas finds himself surrounded by kids who welcome him to the Glade—a large, open expanse surrounded by stone walls."
{via}

3. Divergent & Insurgent by Veronica Roth
"In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue—Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is—she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself."
{via}

4. Crossed & Reached by Ally Condie 
These are the last two books in her trilogy. I read the first one over the summer and have not been TOO pushed to pick these up immediately after finishing the first one but I do want to finish them. I simply cannot start a good series and not finish them. The first one (which I will go into more detail later) was good, not the best, but it did keep my interest the whole way through. I still recommend this series.


But thanks to constant begging from my fiance & a week long movie marathon....
The Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
Yes, I hate to admit that I have never actually read any of the famous Harry Potter books. Call me crazy, but they never interested me. But after watching all of the incredible movies with my fantastic one-of-a-kind fiance (his choice of words), I just couldn't resist starting on these books as soon as possible! Guess I know how I will be spending my free time this Christmas break!



What are some books on YOUR reading list?

6 comments:

  1. Please let us know how the books are! I really want to re-read the HP books series, but i'm a bit of a potter nerd :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I just watched the movies and now I MUST read them as soon as possible :) xo

      Delete
  2. Divergent and Insurgent were amazing! I cannot wait for the third one to come out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your insight! I can't wait to read them!

      Delete
  3. Kite Runner is fantastic! I loooooved reading it for a class in high school many years ago (okay 5 but still) and still like to re-read it occasionally.
    And my goodness! Get on Harry Potter reading immediately haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so great to hear! I bought it on clearance and haven't gotten around to it. I read 12 books over the summer, but it is definitely on my list of things to read very soon. As soon as I can mark Harry off my list! haha I know I jumped on it late, but better late than never! xo

      Delete