January 9, 2013

Remeber when I did a little post about books that were on my reading list? Well here is the next portion of this series...books that YOU need to read! I have read each of these books & love them all so very dearly! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

1. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
I received this book from my fiance on Valentine's Day and fell head over heels for the magic I found in this book. It is written so beautifully and
"The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des RĂªves, and it is only open at night....True love or not, the game must play out, and the fates of everyone involved, from the cast of extraordinary circus per­formers to the patrons, hang in the balance, suspended as precariously as the daring acrobats overhead."
{via}

 2. Matched by Ally Condie
This book was recommended to me & I finally broke down and bought it & ended up really enjoying it. As mentioned earlier, this book is part of a trilogy that is definitely on my "need to read list."
"Cassia has always trusted their choices. It’s hardly any price to pay for a long life, the perfect job, the ideal mate. So when her best friend appears on the Matching screen, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is the one… until she sees another face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. Now Cassia is faced with impossible choices: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she’s known and a path no one else has ever dared follow — between perfection and passion."
{via}

3. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Surprisingly, I couldn't put any of these down books! They are action-packed from beginning to end and I highly recommend these!
"St. Vladimir's Academy isn't just any boarding school–it's a hidden place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them. Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They've been on the run, but now they're being dragged back to St. Vladimir's–the very place where they're most in danger. Rose and Lissa become enmeshed in forbidden romance, the Academy's ruthless social scene, and unspeakable nighttime rituals. But they must be careful lest the Strigoi–the world's fiercest and most dangerous vampires–make Lissa one of them forever."
{via}

4. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
I have only but started the first one of this series, but I cannot wait to read the rest of them! These books are the prequels to my very favorite series that will be discussed later. There are three: Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince, and Clockwork Princess which comes out in March of 2013.
"Magic is dangerous—but love is more dangerous still. When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother, her destination is England, the time is the reign of Queen Victoria, and something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Only the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons, keep order amidst the chaos."
{via}



This series is at the very top of my fave list & will be for a long time. I am counting down the days until the movie premier!

 What are some of YOUR favorite books?

5 comments:

  1. I just bought Matched...I can't wait to start it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful! I cannot wait to read the other two! xo

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I've been slacking on my reading, I have heard a lot about a couple though, I need to pick one (or a few) up!!

    xo

    Haylee

    http://www.dolledupdaily.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of these are WELL worth reading! xo

      Delete