January 2, 2014

new years resolutions


It is finally here! 2014 is going to be a big year for my fiance & me.
We're buying a house, getting married, & starting a whole new chapter of
our lives together! It is so exciting & scary all at the same time! Zack asked
me what some of my New Years resolutions were & I drew a blank. I always say
the usual - stop shopping and stop getting fatter. Simple, yet not always effective.
I had to sit down and really think about my resolutions for a year as amazing
as 2014 will be. Here are my New Years Resolutions:

1 LOVE MORE Not just love the people surrounding me more, but loving
myself and loving everything I do.

2 BE CONSISTENT Everyone always says they want to lose weight or
exercise 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To me, this is setting yourself
up for a failure. You don't have to lose 35 pounds or work out every day
to stay healthy. You just need to stay consistent. Create a work out
routine that works for you and stick to it or buy local,  fresh ingredients
to cook up a healthy meal a few times a week. If you feel good, you feel happy!

3 SPEND WISELY I always say I need to stop buying clothes, but in reality
that is just not going to happen. We all know I'm an addict. BUT I could
stop buying things I don't need and invest in classic pieces that will last.
Spending wisely doesn't just have to do with money. Spending your time
with people you love, doing things you love to do has a much greater value
than any item of clothing you could have hanging in your closet.

4 SIMPLIFY Simplify my closet. Simplify my fridge. Simplify my agenda.
A lot of aspects of my life need to be just a little bit simpler. A simple
life is a happy life.

5 ENJOY LIFE Slow down, sit back, relax, and enjoy you life. I need
to take this advice probably more than you do. If you know me, you
know I am constantly working on something. If I am sitting down on the
couch you better believe I am working on homework, studying, wedding
planning, or planning for sorority recruitment. Sometimes you just need to
take a deep breath and enjoy the little things.


 What are some of YOUR New Years resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment